It is a beautiful day. The streets are packed with cars driving crazy to get to their destinations. Where are they going? As I pass on the streets, the stores seems to be packed more than usual. Men running out of the stores with flowers and balloons. Flowers are everywhere. Big red heart balloons filled the streets. It seems to be pink, red and white everywhere I turn. Couples are laughing, holding hands and sneaking kisses along the way to stores. They seem to be the perfect match of people. Love among couples fills the air. The love portrayed makes anyone not want to be single today.
I enter the parking lot to the mall. MORE COUPLES! Oh, how I envy the loving couples. The stores here are filled with the signs of love. What day is it I ask myself? I walk out into the mall and the lights seem so dim. Restuarants are packed. As I stroll along, one restuarant caught my attention. This place had big windows that let you look in and watch the chefs cook at the tables while the people are eating. It was also decorated in the colors of pink, red and white. Candles were used at each table with just a tough of the lighting dimmed. In the background you hear the soothing sounds of Najee playing his saxphone. The atmosphere was filled with love. Gazes among the couples told you that they were in love. Even those who looked like they were on blind dates seemed to have the look of love. I glanced away for a moment and I couldn't spot a single person around. What is going on? What day could it be that only lovers come out of nowhere? I looked back towards the restaurant and something told me to look towards the doorway. A sign at the entrance that usually have the daily specials said in big red letters: February 14! Today is the day for Lovers everywhere! Happy Valentines Day! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
http://teestravels.wordpress.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment